A couple days ago, one of my friends got a problem, he was not able to run his notebook because of forgetting windows' user password. I tried to pass the password. I searched through Google and found some tutorials. I got a tutorial about Trinity Rescue Kit. It is one of linux distros. The command was CLI (comand line interface). I downloaded from the Trinity Rescue Kit. It was ISO file. I made it into usb flasdisk by using unetbootin in Ubuntu 12.04. So I was able to boot it the notebook by inserting the usb flashdisk into usb interface. Here was the steps :
1. Inser the Usb Flashdisk into the notebook.
2. Choose the boot option from the Usb Flashdisk Drive.
3. Then the notebook booted in Trinity Rescue kit.
4. Choose the menu “ terminal interface ” with up and down arrow on the keyboard.
5. After running terminal interface there was # type “ winpass -u windows user ”. see the picture below :
- Let's the Trinity Rescue Kit running to mount some drive. Press “ 1 ”
- Wait and see the process.
- Have look the picture below, Select : (q) > 1 It was to clear the user password windows 7 which belonged to kakadin
- press enter (keyboard)
- follow the process.
- Type exit .
- Choose power off
- Waited till the notebook turned off.